This is a link to an interesting perspective on ‘Macbeth’ in the Guardian. It comes from an article that previews a number of Macbeth productions that are happening in the spring of 2018, something of interest to fifty years who will he doing the Leaving Cert in 2019.
- Rory Kinnear and Anne-Marie Duff star in Rufus Norris’s National Theatre production (previews from 26 February).
- Christopher Eccleston and Niamh Cusack are next in line in Polly Findlay’s RSC version (previews from 13 March).
- The Royal Opera, meanwhile, revives Verdi’s Macbeth (from 25 March).
- This is closely followed by Shostakovich’s satirical update, Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk (from 12 April).
- For good measure, Kit Monkman has made a fluidly poetic film version, opening in late March, to add to the growing catalogue of movie Macbeths.